Volunteers help preparing a house for a sponsored refugee family in Raynes Park, West London
It is worth doing the Learning and Planning before you move straight into the application process for becoming a sponsor of refugees. But if you are confident that you are capable of being a good sponsoring group there are a number of steps you will need to take.
If you need help with any of these processes, you can contact Sponsor Refugees or perhaps take part in our Training events.
Once you have taken these steps you will have to fill an Application form (see Application form plan section below) and a Resettlement Plan (see Resettlement plan section below).
- PUTTING YOUR GROUP ON AN OFFICIAL FOOTING
- FIND A HOME FOR THE REFUGEE FAMILY
- PREPARING A BUDGET
- RECRUITING INTERPRETERS
- LEARNING ENGLISH
- DRAWING UP A SAFEGUARDING POLICY
- WINNING THE CONSENT OF YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITY
- DRAWING UP A RESETTLEMENT PLAN
- APPLYING TO BE A COMMUNITY SPONSOR OF REFUGEES
Help and training