- Have fled the Syrian conflict (can include families who have fled the conflict in Syria but do not have Syrian nationality) OR
- 'At-risk’ children and their family members who have fled conflict in the Middle East or North African regions
- Are living in Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon or Turkey
- Have been given formal refugee status and selected for resettlement by the UNHCR
- Have been accepted for resettlement by the UK government
- Are not chosen by sponsors (it is not a route to family reunification)
- Are included in the government pledge to resettle 23,000 refugees by 2020 (VPRS and VCRS schemes)
Note: The criteria will change from 2020, with the introduction of a new global refugee resettlement scheme. The details of this are still in development.