Empowering communities with hopeful paths
From September to December 2020, Sponsor Refugees is running Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope (PATH) trainings in collaboration with Educational Psychologists. PATH is designed to empower institutions that work with refugees to plan for the future through active listening and a people-centred mindset. The training helps to:
- Envision a meaningful and positive future
- Set coherent, achievable, and incremental goals which help to orient your life and project over the course of a year
- Facilitate active listening and foster a sense of common purpose within your community
- Recruit allies and strengthen your collective efficacy
- Identify challenges which may inhibit your progress and think about how to stay resilient in the face of them
Planning hopeful paths for refugee families & individuals
We will discuss how to facilitate a PATH with refugee families and individuals. It is suitable for people who are working with refugees and is recommended for Community Sponsorship Volunteers, Refugee Welcome groups, Refugee Support Workers, Local Authority Support Officers, SMPs.
Session 1: Person Centred Mindset & Active Listening (27th October, 18:00 - 19:30)
Session 2: What is PATH & how do I facilitate one? (3rd November, 18:00 - 19:30)
Session 3: Planning hopeful paths for resettled refugee families & individuals (24th November, 18:00 - 19:30)
Each session is 90 minutes long and is highly recommended that you attend all three. The training is free.
If you are unable to attend either of the sessions, we provide a link with a recording for each.
To sign up, please follow this link.