Are You a Landlord?
One of the greatest challenges for Community Sponsorship groups is to find a property. By renting your property, you would be responsible for changing the lives of a refugee family - without a house, they will not be able to resettle here in the UK.
As a landlord you could benefit from the following:
- Guaranteed rental income for at least two years, with a registered charity as guarantor
- Free cosmetic improvements to the house (you can benefits from teams of willing volunteers to paint, garden, and put up shelves, etc.)
- A support network for the family, to help them manage finances and house maintenance
- The knowledge that you are changing the lives of a vulnerable refugee family
To meet the requirements of the scheme...
It needs to be a home with its own front door. It cannot be an offer of rooms in your own home. If that’s what you are able to do we suggest you contact either NACCOM or REFUGEE HOME
- The home must be in a good condition with all the usual amenities
- It needs to be available at an affordable rent, ideally within the LHA limit so that housing benefit can cover all or most of the rent.
- The home needs to be available on a secure lease for a minimum of two years
If you can help to provide a home to a refugee family given the above, please complete the form below.
We will see if there is a group looking to sponsor refugees in your area and if so, put you in touch with them.
Please note that this process can take some time, and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the offer will be taken up.
If you have any questions, or would like to be put in touch with landlords already renting through the scheme, do email us at [email protected]
Name of Landlord
I'd like to be contacted by email about community organising and other campaigns like this one
I'd like to be contacted by phone about community organising and other campaigns like this one
Are you sure? If you select 'No' you’ll not receive any further updates from Citizen's UKDon't publish my responses on the website