We offer a broad range of trainings for community sponsorship groups
What trainings do we offer?
Sponsor Refugees host regular trainings to continuously improve the support sponsorship groups are able to provide for resettled families. If you have suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope (PATH)
From September to December 2020, Citizens UK and Sponsor Refugees ran Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope (PATH) training in collaboration with Educational Psychologists, Tim Cox and Helen Owen-Hughes. PATH is designed to empower groups, institutions and citizens to plan for the future through active listening and a people-centred mindset. The training helps to:
- Envision a meaningful and positive future
- Set coherent, achievable, and incremental goals which help to orient your life and project over the course of a year
- Facilitate active listening and foster a sense of common purpose within your community
- Recruit allies and strengthen your collective efficacy
- Identify challenges which may inhibit your progress and think about how to stay resilient in the face of them
- PATH is a great way to increase participation, collective decision making and agency for individuals, groups and institutions.
Find recording for the three sessions below
Session 1 (passcode: +C8fXJk6)
Session 2 (passcode: M+Z+wW7T)
Session 3 (passcode: 0b6.1N=4)